Here are my frugal tasks for the week -
* Topped up my car with petrol at $1.36 a litre when petrol was selling for $1.55 a litre everywhere else.
* Cleaned the dishwasher with bi carb and white vinegar.
* I shared a bag of lemons with some ladies from my street. A christian lady a few doors down from me invited all the ladies in our street to a high tea last Saturday. We had a fabulous time together with lots and lots of food, talking and a game.
* Cleaned the kettle with citric acid. It looks like new again.
* Baked some chocolate peanut butter biscuits to go with a present for a birthday party Darren and I went to.
* Accepted some capsicums from my Dad. Darren used some on his homemade pizza.
* Refilled a travel sized shampoo and conditioner bottle. The toiletry bag I use when I travel has now been restocked. It's one less thing I need to think about when I'm packing for a holiday.
* Picked three more heads of broccoli. At the moment broccoli is selling for $7.98 a kilo in the supermarkets. I'm saving a small fortune by growing my own.
* Picked some lettuce for the chicken wraps the family had for tea one night.
* Baked three loaves of wholemeal bread.
* Picked some silverbeet to hide in a pasta bake for tea one night. My girls don't like silverbeet but will eat it if it's cut finely and hidden .
* Recycled 10 bread bags that my husband bought home from a bbq.
* Made a menu plan for the next five weeks and wrote my shopping list from it.
* I had enough leftovers for two single serves of beef stew. It's now in the freezer for another meal.
* Cut up a cereal packet to use as go between for when I'm making and freezing hamburger patties.
* Used the carpet sweeper to wizz around the house instead of using the vacuum cleaner.
|Beef stew simmering away in the slow cooker. The lid is off to take the photo.|
|Broccoli that has been blanched and is ready for the freezer|
|Freshly picked silverbeet|
What frugal tasks have you completed this week ?
Do you keep a list of your frugal tasks ? Maybe this could be your challenge for next week. I'd love for you to share your list.