I firmly believe in encouraging my family to learn new skills around the house. We all pitch in together to get our jobs done. Then we can relax.
Here's my frugal list for this week -
* Made pita chips ( again ) for snacks. We've all taken a liking to homemade nachos after school.
* Jessica saved the crumbs from the bottom of the wheat bix packet. I crushed them even further and added them to my homemade dried seasoned bread crumb mix.
* Made a couple of bottles of foaming handwash refills.
* Made 16 bread rolls. These will be used for homemade hamburgers. YUM !!!
* Made 2 bread sticks.
* Made 4 loaves of wholemeal bread.
* Baked some cranberry hootycreek biscuits.
* Bought broccoli at the supermarket for $1.40 a kilo. I bought eight large heads and cut them up into florets. They have all been blanched and frozen for future meals. I'll be cutting up the stalks with my Nicer Dicer and freezing them to go into stews and casseroles. Nothing will be wasted. I also picked the last of our broccoli. I picked enough florets for two meals.
* I cut lots of rosemary from our plant. I'm drying it ( for the first time ) in paper bags. It should be ready in a couple of weeks.
* Made some yoghurt with a sachet and my Easiyo yoghurt maker. From that yoghurt I'm making a sweetened vanilla yoghurt.
* Arranged some dried roses into a posy. I've had these roses drying for about a year. Oppppsss. I forgot about them as they looked ok drying on the side of a bookcase. Now they look lovely in a ceramic jug in my kitchen hutch.
* Baked an orange cake and muffins with some frozen pureed orange from last Winter.
* Megan picked a small bunch of daisies from the garden
|Flowers that Megan picked from our garden|
|Homemade bread rolls|
|Homemade bread sticks|
|The last of our broccoli|
|Strawberries I bought to make jam last week.|
|Dried roses from anniversaries and Valentine's Day|
|Whole orange cake and muffins|
What frugal things did you get up to this week ?