Not as much has been done around the house with frugal tasks, but we are grateful for the life we lead. When life gets busy we go outside to spend a few minutes watching the chickens pecking away or to have a little potter in the veggie garden. We are truly blessed.
Here's what I managed to do -
* Picked lots of lemons off our tree and juiced them for the freezer.
* Picked some silverbeet to hide in my honey mustard chicken recipe.
* Made another batch of soap. I can't wait to try it.
* Bought a large gift bag from the $2 shop. It has images of vintage bikes and motorbikes. I should be able to make up to 18 cards from the bag.
* Sold some of our chickens eggs to friends.
* We ate out of the freezer for two nights. I'm still trying to make room for when legs of lamb come on sale.
* Made some floral cards for the Cheapskates card swap using supplies I had on hand.
* Filled up my car when petrol was $1.08
* Gratefully received a cake from a friend for our wedding anniversary.
* Turned the heater off for three days in a row ( during the day ).
* I built up my stockpile by buying grocery specials of Pineocleen, disposable gloves, and paper towel all at half price.
* Bought boxes of chocolates for $6 ( half price ) to be given as presents. My girls have been going to a few birthday parties lately. These are parties where 60 - 140 people are invited. When that many people are invited, the present doesn't need to be expensive
* Saved the washing machine water. Dried a few loads of washing on the line and the rest on clothes horses.
* Picked two big handfuls of snow peas from the garden and used some in a chop suey with our broccoli and silverbeet. YUM !!!
* Gratefully received a bunch of parsley and some bok choy from a friend's garden.
* Cooked from scratch every night except for our wedding anniversary ( 20 years ). Darren and I went out to dinner in the city and the girls had a $3 pizza from the supermarket. Everyone was happy.
|Some cards for the Cheapskates card swap.|
|$2 gift bag to make cards from.|
|Flowers I learnt to make this week.|
|Cards for the cards swap.|
|I learnt to make a dress card this week.|
|Snow peas from our garden.|