* We went to the football on Monday as a family outing. We took snacks and bottles of water with us and only bought hot chips for lunch.
* Refilled all the foaming hand wash pumps using watered down shower gel. The one in my bathroom was a new one so I tipped half into another pump and topped up both of them with water.
* Made a big batch of pita chips for snacks.
* Made a whole orange cake with pureed orange from the freezer. This recipe makes a large cake so this time I made a smaller ring cake for us and a small loaf cake for morning tea at church.
* Gratefully received a couple of fuel dockets from Tania and Rachel Ann. Thankyou xoxo
* Dried the washing on the line on Wednesday including the bed sheets which usually go in the dryer at this time of the year.
* Found another silicon baking mould from the op shop for $1.99 that can be used for soap making.
* Megan found a birthday present for a friend in our present cupboard ( top of Jessica's wardrobe ) and a hand made card from my card box.
* Saved a few more envelopes that had pretty patterns inside. They'll be used for card making
* Mended two pairs of socks.
* Froze three single serves of leftovers. I'm trying to build up my stockpile again as they will be needed when the kitchen is being replaced.
* Bought lots of packets of choc bits on sale in Coles. At $2.09 they are worthy of clearing the supermarket shelf. .
* Kept the heater off on days I was doing lots of housework.
* Saved lots of shower and washing machine water for each next load.
* Made a double batch of pumpkin scones sing cooked pureed pumpkin from the freezer. The scones were frozen for morning teas.
* Darren's birthday was on Friday. Instead of going out for dinner he opted to have a roast leg of lamb at home and a bought birthday cake. We still saved a small fortune by eating at home. It was much quieter than a noisy restaurant too.
|Whole orange cake|
|Saving the washing machine water|
What did you do this week to save time, money and energy ?