Saturday 4 November 2017

This Week's Frugal Tasks Saturday 4th November 2017

This week has been a mixed bag of work,  keeping up with the housework,  Christmas present sorting ( and budget reviewing ) and moving food between our fridge and freezers ( see further down my list ).  Here's what else I got up to -

*  Baked four loaves of wholemeal bread with extra goodness

*  Cleaned the dishwasher with bi carb,  vinegar and Miracle Spray

*  Jessica saved money by getting me to do a fancy hairdo for a ball  I'm no hairdresser but I think I did ok.

*  Megan dyed her hair at home and I gave her a haircut.

*  Darren picked a bunch of white roses from our garden to surprise me when I came home from a day of Christmas shopping.

*  Saved the shower warm up water.  Saved the washing machine rinse water for each next load.  Saved the drink bottle water in an icecream container and used it to rinse or soak dishes.

*  Hand washed the dinner dishes most nights.

*  Dried most of the washing on clothes horses   With the temperatures dropping to almost Winter temperatures,  some things had to be put in the dryer.  Heavy,  bulky items were hung on coat hanger and hung in the shower.  We have a ducted heating vent in both bathrooms so the doors get closed and the clothes dry within 24 hours.

*  Started saving old socks to cut up as garden ties.  We had to throw out our older stockpile when we found mice in my shed a few months ago

*  Unfortunately I had to throw out some food when our almost new fridge / freezer started playing up.  I did limit the damage by moving some food to our other two freezers.

*  Only bought milk this week.  We've been eating veggies from the freezer over the last few days. We lost most of our fresh fruit and veg with the fridge playing up so I'll do a top up next week.

*  Darren bought replacement ink cartridges for our laser printer.  Although they were expensive,  he did get a good deal saving over $50 per cartridge.

*  Kept the heater off most of the week which has been a challenge with the temperature drop.

*  Jessica saved $20 by handing over a newly signed up loyalty card when purchasing Darren's and my Christmas present.

Made pita chips for snacks.  We had to make room in the freezer with all the food shuffling so the pita bread had to come out and be used.

A lovely surprise from Jessica

Princess will sit anywhere

Jessica's hairdo for the Uni ball

Back view of Jessica's hair
  
Jessica and her boyfriend Eugene 

Some of my favourite books.

How did you save money this week ?


9 comments:

  1. I think you did a fantastic job with Jessica's hair, it's looks lovely!

    I cooked all meals from scratch this week, took all my lunches and kids lunches to school and work (can't say the same for hubby though), line dried all the washing, turned off appliances and lights when not in use, it's all second nature now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, Jessica's hair looks wonderful! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic hair! Your daughter looked wonderful

    Regards Julie from WA

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a woman of many talents Wendy!

    Great job with Jessica's hair, it looks very professionally done.

    I'd like to find a place that sells ink at a reasonable price. Sounds like Darren got a pretty good deal. Here ink is dearer than an actual printer! We have stopped using the printer as much for that reason, which is annoying when I have so many recipes saved that I could print up :)

    Have a lovely week,

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Wendy, Your daughter looked stunning and you did the most beautiful job of her hair! Very professional! Well done! That would have cost a fortune at a salon! With love Annabel.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wendy, Jessica must have been thrilled with her hair...it looks fabulous! So clever. She's beautiful.
    I asked if there was a generic version of the medication I was prescribed and there was, a saving of $14. Love a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about the freezer, and well done on the hairdo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow wee you have found another string to your bow. Jessica’s hair is amazing 😉.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ditto what Amanda said. Jessica looks beautiful but I think her Mum still shows her up!

    ReplyDelete

This blog is designed to be a source of encouragement and inspiration.

Negative comments will not be published. Comments advertising businesses or goods for sale will not be published.

Please include your first name in your comment so that I can respond to you.

Comments are moderated manually. Please allow a few hours for them to appear.